Tuesday, January 5, 2010

zoologist: what I don't want to be when I grow up

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to be even more adventurous than I usually am. I know reading about my statistics class was ever so interesting, but I'm gonna try and amp it up a little. First adventure of the new decade: the Wildlife World Zoo. As fate would have it my new comrade and prospective dating future invited me to tour the zoo and aquarium with his family.

Since they didn't know better they let me be in charge of taking all the pictures.

Among the many great caged species to gawk at, my favorite happened to be the flamingos. They had not one, but two exhibits at this particular zoo.




I was most excited to see the lions and tigers. The king of the jungle was strategically placed at the back of the zoo so we had to see all the other animals first....


We even got to ride the skyline to get an aeriel view of the park.

We had finally made it to the back of the park only to read a sign informing zoo goers that these particular lions were past their prime and were being made comfortable for the time being. What?!?! This explained why both lions and both tigers were sleeping. I guess I'm glad lions have a good hospice system, but I couldn't even get a good picture because the fence was good for providing a barrier between the spectators and the animals and not very good for seeing.

Thankfully, in the gift shop I was able to find a lion to take a picture with.


Right after gift shop visitation time everyone started to mood crash. We ended up splitting up in search of lunch and reprieve from the gross smell wafting from the petting zoo thus ending our epic visit to the Wildlife World Zoo.


I'd like to give huge thanks to the Nelson Family Clan for inviting me along on their zoo adventure. Without them the photo documentation (and the whole trip itself) would not have been possible.

Here's a cute pic of me and my prospective dating future. :)


I hope you're enjoying the wildlife in your backyard

1 comment:

haleigh said...

you know, i just couldnt help but hum "the lion sleeps tonight" while reading this post :) ps on your sentence with the flamingoes, you said "no one, but two" :)