Tuesday, January 26, 2010

spring semester line up

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

In desperate need of a 3 hour upper division credit I enrolled myself in WSH 421 Girlhood and Adolescence at the end of the week last week. It's a T/TH class so unfortunately I missed the first two class periods, but after attending today I will never miss another lecture. It was phenomenal. I really enjoy the topics we discussed and the themes and ideologies that went along with the subject. This is one textbook I cannot wait to purchase. Doing the homework for this class will in fact be exciting. I'm glad I have found at least one class to get excited about.

On a different note I am becoming more and more nervous about my final TR courses I am taking. One is a hybrid class that meets on Tuesday afternoons (I really like this) and the other is completely online. The online education system scares me. Mostly because classes I have taken online previously have not been essential to my major or challenging in any way. Last semester two of my key TR courses were online and I did moderately well in one class and just awful in the other. I am afraid of being tossed into an internship with hardly any knowledge of the subject simply because I can't navigate Blackboard.

My other class I am taking is PRM 401 with Dr. Yoshioka. This M/W afternoon class is going to be my biggest challenge in the sense of staying awake. I have established a routine of going to the gym on M/W mornings with lunch following. After sweating at the gym and filling my belly with (mostly) health foods I find myself nodding off to the incessant chatter of the instructor. I do hope the course content gets more exciting. Perhaps I will utilize this class time to write about my ridiculous adventures.....

In the meanwhile I am trying to figure out a schedule that allows for an adequate amount of time to complete my homework and readings, blog and do office hours, go to the gym, and goof off.

I guess since I am committed to these classes I should probably go ahead and buy the books.

I hope you didn't procrastinate purchasing educational literature like myself!

No comments: