Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 6

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

My arms are sore and my legs shake when I walk. Today's workout was successful, but I haven't been taking my exercising/eating healthier plan seriously. The last week has been spent recovering from my intense swim workout and consuming fatty foods. Today I am getting serious. I am so excited that PDF not only supports my workout plan, but actually accompanies me to the YMCA on Mondays and Wednesdays. Yay!

Exercise

I spent a half hour on the treadmill today as well as 20 minutes or so on a mat working my abs and stretching out.

5:27- I am running at 6 mph. Some morning show is on and the host has the tiniest legs I have ever seen. They are twigs. Literally. I can feel mine giggling and shaking with every step. I hate her.

5:29- (Still running at 6 mph) PDF notices my disgust for the TV Show host and comments on her legs. They are gross and too skinny he says. I love him.

10:00- I have reduced my speed to 5.5 mph for fear of a heart attack. I am completely drenched in sweat and i can hear my heart pulsing in my ears.

12:00- (Still running at 5.5 mph) I now know why everyone brings their Ipod to the gym. It's so you can tune out the sound of your own panting.

17:00- (Barely running at 5.5 mph) These stupid gym shorts keep riding up. I have found a rhythm of pull my shorts out of my butt, take three steps, and do it again.

25:00- I have reduced my speed yet again to 5.0 mph. I am starting to see black spots.

27:00- People walking by are staring. I think my face must be beat red, or I look like I'm about to pass out or something.

30:00 (Chugging along at 5.0 mph) The machine tricked me! I ran, panted, and sweat for a half hour and now it added 5 minutes for a "cool down". This is absurd. I want to speak to a manager.

31:00- The machine automatically reduced the speed to 4.5 mph. I guess this isn't so bad.

32:00- Down to 4.0 mph. I am performing a quick paced walk/awkward jog maneuver.

33:00- 3.5 mph. I am starting to hear other noises besides my heart. I think the gentlemen next to me just uttered something in my direction, but I cannot make it out.

34:00- 3.0 mph. I am comfortably walking. I can see how a cool down is effective...

35:00- 2.5 mph. PDF has come to save me from this wretched machine. Thank God.

Diet
Breakfast- I was at the gym
Lunch- Although it had Parmesan cheese, dressing, and croutons I had a chicken Caesar salad for lunch with a pita. It was delicious and healthier than the gyro I watched my counterpart eat.
Dinner- Sushi at Ra! I had a Tootsy Maki roll and half of a Viva Las Vegas roll. Yum!
Late Night Snack- Two oatmeal stouts from 4 Peaks Brewery and a 100 Grand candy bar.

Okay, so it's not great but it's better than McDonald's!

I hope you are achieving your goals.

No comments: