Tuesday, January 26, 2010

defining real life

It has come to my attention that some terms in my vocabulary are not universally used. So without further delay:

A list of terms to help define my real life adventures....

Advobuddy- this is equivalent to a little brother or little sister in Devils' Advocates. My "big" is the amazing Patty, and my "lil" bro is the fabulous Brett.

Advobuddy Challenge- various tasks Patty, Brett, and I must complete in order to win an amazing prize that is to be determined. Tasks include but are not limited to: seeing a movie together, attending Devils' Advocates events, winning a scavenger hunt, and singing karaoke.

Babeway- also known as the Safeway on the north east corner of Broadway and Rural. Every time I'm in there I spot the HOTTEST guys! Not to mention many of my comrades who live in the area also acknowledge this to be true. Everyone knows that if they want a little eye candy to go with their groceries to hit up this supermarket. Don't forget to do your hair, just in case you get the courage to ask for his number.

Bee- the nickname for my baby sister of about two and half years also referred to as Haleigh. She is awesome and beautiful. I hope to be just like her when I grow up.

CFE- a mandated 200 volunteer hours by the School of Community Resources and Development titled Career Field Exploration hours in which I (and all SCRD) students must complete before graduation.

Chi Omega-
a greek organization on the ASU Campus of which I am affiliated with. I have served on the exec board for two years and lived in the house for three. My best friends are Chi Omegas and so is my baby sister!

Devils' Advocates- a paraprofessional volunteer student organization on ASU's campus committed to giving tours to prospective students. They are most often recognized as "the kids who wear white polo's and walk around backwards on campus". I have been giving tours since Fall 2007.

Dinosaur- the pet name I have given my laptop due to the length of its existence. It was manufactured in 1998 and has a Pentium processor. Yep folks, just a regular Pentium. Although he is old and somewhat slow (I can't open Internet Explorer and run Itunes at the same time) I have somehow found a patience for him.

Panhellenic-
national panhellenic council. This is the council of which Chi Omega belongs to along with 11 other social sororities on ASU's campus. The council unites the many organizations and plans community events, recruitment events, as well as guidelines and rules to follow.

PDF-
potential dating future. I met a boy in early December of 2009 and we've been pretty much inseperable since. He is Wonderful. :)

PRSA- parks and recreation student association. A student association on the Downtown Campus associated with my major. I was the secretary for the 2008-2009 school year and president for the fall of 2009.

Psi Epsilon- the Chi Omega Chapter name at ASU sometimes referred to as Psi Ep. With over 175 different chapters across the nation, there has to be some way to tell us apart.

Stats-
statistics. It was PRM 402 that I took in the fall of 2009. The class was at 7:30am on the Downtown Campus. Needless to say there was much caffeine involved.

Terrible-Stepmother-To-Be- the name I used to refer to my Dad's fiance until my intoxicated Aunt told me that they had already gotten married. Her title has only been changed by dropping the "-to-be" part of her former name.

TR- therapeutic recreation. I am in the parks and recreation management program at ASU's Downtown Campus and I am specializing in therapeutic recreation which means I will get to help mentally and physically disabled individuals through rehabilition by means of recreation. Woot Woot!

I hope this helps.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hi Aimee! I am a senior in high school and I'm considering going into Therapeutic Recreation and I was wondering how different it is from regular Parks and Recreation? Also, how much science is involved in the coursework and what kind of job opportunities are there? Are you enjoying it so far? I've done tons of research but I figured it would be more beneficial talking to someone actually in the field of study. If you could help me out, I would appreciate it so much!! Thank you.
Amanda