Wednesday, January 20, 2010

spring break shape

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

After weighing in last year at 10lbs OVER my ideal weight when Spring Break rolled around I've decided to get into shape before embarrassing myself in a bikini. I do not like the idea of crash dieting (although I did manage to lose over 10lbs in 10 days after having my tonsils removed) so I am setting out on my weight loss/toning adventure on a healthy note. This means I will achieve (let's keep our fingers crossed) my goal weight through means of exercise and healthy eating. Here goes....

Day 1

Exercise:

Went to the Downtown YMCA and had 45 minutes before class to get my heart rate above 90 beats per minute. I ended up swimming 1650 meters (about a mile). I attempted this (partially) through swimming 15 x 50m on a minute. For those of you who do not speak swim coach (don't feel bad, I just learned this past summer) that means you swim 50 meters (at the Y it's down and back) in a minute or less fifteen times in a row, or in 15 minutes. I went something like this:

1x50- Oooh... this water is chilly (this becomes apparent to the entire pool).
2x50- Warmin' up, and it feels good.
3x50- Wow! I'm making it down and back in 50 seconds this is going to be easier than I thought!
4x50- Too much warmin' up.... I think I just pulled something.
5x50- Mister Man just asked to share my lane. Of course! I say, after all I am a good sharer.
6x50- Whew! Was that four or five?
7x50- Not as fast as I thought.... gettin' kinda tired. Mister Man is literally a Swim Master. His goggles are shiny, his speedo is tiny. He makes me look dumb.
8x50- NEED AIR, I can't breathe due to my hair falling out of it's pony tail.
9x50- My thighs have turned to jello and cannot kick...I am sinking. Swim Master has moved lanes, perhaps he did not appreciate my slower pace.
10x50- Pretty sure the lifeguard almost jumped in after me.
11x50- Forget the minute mark, I'll be lucky if I make it down and back in 2 minutes.
12x50- Pain is pulsating through my body, my ears are buzzing, I am blinded by my bangs. Swim Master is making waves in the water with his speed. This makes me motion sick.
13x50- Doggy paddling counts as a stroke, right?
14x50- One more, concentrate Aimee.
15x50- Is that my bobby pin floating on the bottom of the pool?!

Diet:
Breakfast- 2 pieces of toast slathered with butter and jam on one and butter and cinammon sugar on the other. 1 cup of coffee with three cremes and two sugars.
Lunch- I was in the freakin' pool.
Mid-Afternoon Snack- Hot'n'Spicy Chicken sandwich from McDonald's w/o mayo and added Mac Sauce and some of my sister's french fries.
Dinner- A barrage of Golden State, Spicy Tuna, and California rolls from Sushi 101, along with some edamame. Water to drink.
Late-Night Snack- Medium Reese's Blizzard from Dairy Queen.

Okay, so I don't have the diet thing down but at least I hit the gym. And drank mostly water. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon.

I hope your will power is stronger than mine.

No comments: