Monday, February 22, 2010

tulips and theraflu

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

Even though today is Monday good things are happening. For instance I have finally hit double digits in followers! (Yay!!! Thank you for reading!) Also, I was sick last week but my symptoms appear to be lessening and vanishing all together. I wasn't sick enough to go see my physician Dr. Wright, but I was pretty miserable complete with a stuffy nose, a deep sexy voice, coughing, and body aches. Clayton was wonderful of course and brought me white tulips on Tuesday night (just as the symptoms were rearing their ugly heads) and a care package of Theraflu (the BEST medicine in the world), Zicam, and tissues on Thursday when I was utterly miserable. It seems the thoughtfulness of Mr. Nelson and a (slightly) restful weekend did the trick!

I say slightly restful weekend because we had a picnic for the members of Devils' Advocates to welcome all the newbies. After our picnic there was a scavenger hunt with the prize being 12 points in the Advobuddy competition (this is where my advobuddy and I have to complete a list of goofy things together in order to accumulate points. The team with the most points win an awesome, not yet decided, prize at the end of March.). This activity required all members of your group to solve a riddle and take a picture in front of the answer, i.e. "you won't find any potties in this old building"- Old Main.

Here's us at our first stop, Grady Gammage Auditorium. We are fired up!

My competitive team mates had us running from A Mountain to the SRC to the MU. Without a doubt we were the most ridiculous looking thing running down University Drive on Saturday afternoon: Patty at the front of the line yelling encouraging statements "Come on guys, I want to win!", Brent (who had just ran a marathon earlier that morning) jogging at the back, Zach catching all of our greatest moments on film with my camera, and me somewhere in the middle clutching onto my cup of Theraflu in one hand and my "to-go" tissues in the other. My group kept insisting that I would sweat my cold out, but I just felt like I was going to pass out.

Losing steam somewhere in the middle , with Old Main in the background.
(Notice I am chugging my Theraflu while simultaneously throwing up a pitchfork)


By the end we are completely exhausted in front of the Sun Card Office in the MU.


The good news is all our hard work payed off, we won! Brett, Patty, and I are now 12 points ahead in the Advobuddy Competition. The pains and aches were worth it, plus I slept pretty soundly that evening.

So who knows if the key to recovery is medicine, exercise, or extreme thoughtfulness. I do know that I am grateful for all three!

I hope the symptoms won't come back.

No comments: