Tuesday, February 9, 2010

blog of the week: favorite class

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...


This week's blog topic in the office is focused on the best class each of us have ever taken at ASU. Easy. ASB 353 Death and Dying in a Cross-Cultural Prospective was one of the most enjoyable classes I have ever taken. The class pushed me to become more open and accepting while learning about the death ways of American culture as well as many others around the globe. The instructor was so passionate and knowledgeable about the subject that going to class was viewed as a reward rather than a nuisance and completing homework assignments were exciting projects to look forward to.


I remember going into the class thinking I would never survive, as it was my first upper division class I had ever taken at Arizona State and I was only in my first semester of my sophomore year. Despite my self doubt I received more points than were possible in the class (thanks to extra credit opportunities) and I earned an A+ for the course. I don't want to lie and say that the class was easy, weekly readings and essay tests kept me constantly busy however the reward and satisfaction at the end of the class was worth it. For the first time I began to realize the importance of education and it's impact on my life.


I hope you're getting your money's worth.

No comments: