Monday, February 15, 2010

st. valentine stole my heart

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure....

Aimee- Valentine's Day is a silly holiday. No one should spend more than $10.00 on a gift. It's supposed to be corny and funny.
Clayton- Yeah, it's about being with each other.

You have to imagine how completely surprised and absolutely floored I was when he gave me my Valentine's Day goodies comprised of two cheese sticks and one brand new Nikon Coolpix camera!!!!


It has a million and one features, all of which I have no idea how to use. Clayton seemed kind of annoyed that when people asked I kept saying it had 12 pixels. Apparently its 12 MEGA pixels. The point is, is that he definitely went above and beyond the $10.00 spending limit. But I am extremely thankful. He knew how much I wanted one to start documenting my life and spicing up my blog.

He is wonderful.


The camera came wrapped in paper he decorated himself. On it are love poems, hearts, and a tie-dye segment with my name embedded into it.

I'm in way over my head.

Despite being completely shocked I stuck with my (much) smaller gift, a love care package. It was filled with homemade cookies, his favorite gum, The Little Rascals movie, and a book called I Like You by Sandol Stoddard. It was wrapped in a red, white, and pink box covered in patterned hearts.

The book was my favorite part. I read it to him out loud. One of my favorite excerpts:

"I like you because
When I tell you something special
You know it's special
And you remember it
A long long time

You say
Remember when you told me
Something special

And both of us remember"

I hope St. Valentine was good to you this year.

No comments: