Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 13

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

Order of business #1:

HAPPY FEBRUARY!!!!

and now for the spring break shape update:

I've been better this week! While I haven't gotten to the Y as much as I wanted I've been choosing healthier eating options. Kind of. At the grocery store I purchased rice cakes instead of brownies and cheese instead of popcorn. Also, I haven't had any fast food since the update last week! I'm still working on either giving up coffee (gasp!) or switching to a healthier option full time (most likely tea).

After my swim this morning I couldn't help but smile as I overheard the following convo:
( and yes, these are their real names)

Ethel: (in a sassy southern accent) I could not believe Julio this mornin'!
Mary Anne: I know, he never listens. After you got out he passed out two more times.
Ethel: Well, he's not supposed to sit in that hot tub for more 'an 15 minutes. That's probably why.
Mary Anne: It's just ridiculous.
Ethel: Ridiculous? Yes. This swim suit is also ridiculous. Magda was supposed to come by with her old one this past weekend but she never came. She was gonna to give it to me seeing as how it doesn't fit her since she lost all that weight.
Ellen: (from across the room) What size are you?
Ethel: I'm usually a 20, but sometimes I can squeeze into an 18.
Mary Anne: Well you know what? I was watching a TV show this weekend and they said we should take our clothes and cut all the tags out of them. Size shouldn't matter. Just wear what fits.

A murmur of "amen" broke out among the women's locker room and the gossiping continued.

I think Mary Anne was on to something. As long as we're healthy we should love our bodies despite our tags and the number that rings up when we step on a scale. As long as it looks good, rock it!

I can't wait for the post-water aerobics gossip next week :)

I hope you're loving your body.

No comments: