Monday, February 8, 2010

weekend recap

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

I feel as if I have bee a little MIA this week, but it's only because I've been so busy! Here's what I've been up to:

Friday:

I got to meet up with Barb Gallagher a CTRS in the field who works with the behavioral unit at St. Luke's in Phoenix. After a tour of the facility and a quick Q&A she told me her department would love it if I could come volunteer! I am so excited.

Since it was the first Friday of the month I met up with a group of friends and took the light rail downtown to participate in the Phoenix art tradition of First Friday's. We got to check out some cool local art, yummy food, and even a few small bars. One of our favorite drink spots is The Roosevelt because they specialize in beer and wine and have AMAZING panini sandwiches. We also got a chance to visit a new bar called the Lost Leaf. Similar to The Roosevelt, the Lost Leaf specializes in beers but only serves bottles. Both are converted from old homes and have a warm atmosphere. The night was a great success!

Saturday:

My Mom's boyfriend Mike offered to take her, my sisters Emily and Bee, Clayton (that's PDF's real name, p.s. he's no longer my "potential" dating future- he pretty much IS my dating future) and I to lunch. How sweet! The one drawback was (at least I thought it was) was that we went to Joe's Crab Shack. Now I know many of you are thinking "what is she complaining about?" but I've always had an aversion to seafood, some thing I attribute to three scarring seafood experiences and my Dad. On the upside they gave us super cool napkin things to wear around our neck's and neat-o contraptions to get the crab/lobster meat our of the shells.

I ended up feeling nauseous the entire meal and refused to touch the actual shellfish, but it was a great experience overall and a hilarious bonding session. Thanks Mike!!!

Sunday:

It was one of my Chi Omega sister's 21st birthday so after the Super Bowl a few of us met up to prepare for the birthday festivities. It was then when I received one of the most endearing compliments I have ever been bestowed with.
s: you look so cute!
a: thanks!
s: but seriously, every time I see you, you look adorable. you remind me of someone...
a: wow, thanks Sam!
s: TWIGGY, that's it, you remind me of her- such a fashion icon!
Samantha walked away but I was frozen with shock. I reminded someone of Twiggy?! The top model of the 1960's and amazing fashion icon?! I'm still floating on cloud nine.


I hope your weekend was wonderful.

No comments: