Tuesday, February 2, 2010

merried?

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

I cannot focus. My motivation has taken a hiatus. I crave to crawl in to my extra long twin bed in Adelphi and pull my softy owl blanket over my head. For me, this usually indicates something is wrong.

My heart is broken.

The perpetrator of these types of situations tend to be a younger, scrawny male. Unfortunately, I have never dealt with this type of situation before. I tried to ignore it, refused to acknowledge it, and pretended to downplay it. Nothing worked, so I'm just going to get it off my chest- this will be the only time I mention it.

My Dad and the terrible-stepmother-to-be got married. Six months ago. Apparently everyone on my Father's side of the family knew. Everyone except Aimee, Haleigh, Emily, and Abbey. I wish it was because they forgot to tell us, but it was on purpose.

I haven't talked to my Dad since my intoxicated Aunt spilled the beans at a dive bar over karaoke, except an email and text message to ask about my new insurance card.

Some people think I'm overreacting.

Others think I should try to salvage some sort of relationship.

"That's immature" my Dad's family says.

"It's not that big of a deal" my cousin assured me.

My Dad has successfully made me feel
this big.

It's not even that he came to see me and tell me he is sorry. It's not even that he sent me a letter to say how sorry he is. It's not even that he left a voice mail (you wouldn't have answered the phone either) to admit he is sorry. It's that he sent me a rude, sarcastic text message:

"I already told your sisters so you don't have to worry about telling them tomorrow. I really appreciate you and Haleigh understanding and being supportive.....(sarcasm). I love you anyway."

I'm still kind of confused about how to feel. Hopefully my softy owl blanket will help.

I hope my family stops lying.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh aimee that really stinks. i'm so sorry. i'd be incredibly hurt too. hope you are hanging in there.