Tuesday, March 2, 2010

you are valuable

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

Currently obsessed with: Stay Here Forever by Jewel

I do this thing where I start writing down my great ideas for a blog and then I push the "Save Now" button on the bottom of my screen and forget all about. So today when I was putting off working on my GIANT Working Plan of Operation (WPO) project I was scrolling through my list of unpublished blogs. I found one from a few semesters ago (a long freakin' time, I know!) when I was taking PRM 380 with Dr. Megha Budruk. It was mostly me rambling, but I did happen upon this awesome quote:

"when the end of the supply is in sight [do] we 'discover' that the thing is valuable"
-Aldo Leopold

It seems I was going to apply it to non-renewable resources, however today it strikes me a little differently. There were flowers in the office and yummy pastries in the kitchen. I thought we had won department of the week until Eddie told me they were the remnants of a memorial service held for Dr. Frank Sackton, a founder of the College of Public Programs.

Once again I was reminded at how precious life is. In conjunction with the Leopold quote I decided it was my duty to remind everyone to be thankful for the wonderful things in our lives (even if the wonderful things drive us crazy sometimes).
I am thankful for...


my family (and David even though he annoys me sometimes)



my friends

my amazing boyfriend

and among other things...

Filiberto's (cause it's freakin' delicious)

I hope you're counting your blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for calling david annoying. jerk.