Monday, April 5, 2010

great fridays

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

This weekend I celebrated Easter to the fullest. After helping set up an event at work on Friday I went to a beautiful Good Friday service at The Casa, a Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale. Between the two Clayton and I had an itch to get some food. I guess it was more of a hunger pain, but anyway. We didn't really think about it until we ended up at Bethany Home Road and the 51 N. We got off the freeway not expecting to find much when we stumbled upon a cute little market called Luci's Healthy Marketplace.
















We were super excited when we found ourselves at a coffee bar/market with roll away doors and specialty foods. We each ordered a garlic bagel with cream cheese, Clayton got his with lox cause he's weird. He also got a coffee, but I didn't because I had already had a large iced white mocha raspberry from Dutch Bros. earlier that morning.

At first we sat at the bar, but then we realized that the actual ordering counter was around the corner. I decided that I will shop at healthy marketplaces designed with cool retro signs when I grow up and make substantially more than I do now.

The delicious coffee that I wasn't allowed to order :)
The garlic bagel with lox... I tried a bite.
It wasn't THAT bad...

My bagel only had cream cheese. yum!
See how excited I was?
The sweet bar that I tried unsuccessfully to order at.
If you're ever in Phoenix or just itching for a place to have a good coffee and a wonderful conversation look no further than Luci's!

I hope your Good Friday was good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was nice to see your comments about the Casa. Thank you!~
Peace and Good,

Charlie Brown
GM
Franciscan Renewal Center

emily said...

hahahaha. Aimee i love this picture of clayton i immeadiately started laughing (quite loud) wheni saw it, which made salamon look at me kind of funny :)