Wednesday, March 31, 2010

breaking lent

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

This past Monday was the end of Lent. Which means that red meat, pork, soda, and coffee are all free game. I can consume those items and not feel guilty. Needless to say I was missing coffee in my life the most so after our Chi Omega meeting my fellow sister Sara and I went to one of the best coffee places ever Dutch Bros. Not only are they awesome for their delicious coffee, but they happened to be having $1.50 off all their large coffees which made them $3.00 each. They must have known it was in need of coffee- in the worst way.

Sara, being the wonderful best friend she is, whipped out her iPhone to capture me in all my glory (apparently you have to "charge" the camera battery in order for it to work. Clayton's still trying to teach me how to work the thing...). Thank goodness for best friends.

This is a shot of me with my beloved white chocolate raspberry mocha iced.And this is me taking my first sip of coffee after what seemed like forever.
(yes, I am equating 40 days to forever.)

I was a little jittery after drinking the entire coffee in 15 minutes and my stomach hurt, but man I was flying. It felt so good to have a coffee in my hand after not having it for so long. It was like being home.

I hope you were good during Lent!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just so you know, i willingly gave up booze for lent. you're welcome jesus.