Monday, April 5, 2010

leap of faith

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

This Easter weekend was terribly festive. Mostly because my younger sister Bee was baptized on Saturday during the Easter Vigil service at her parish. Her big sis in our sorority, and one of my best friends Caitie came in addition to Clayton, Emily, Abbey, and myself.The service started with a procession from the basketball courts and playground from the school next door. We each received a candle and one by one they were lit from a holy fire. We walked with them into the parish and to our seats. The effect was almost mesmerizing and magical.


After a few bible readings Father Gary got into the baptismal font.
The large candle was what led the procession into the parish.My sister's baptism! I was so grateful we were in the 5th row to capture it! I made Clayton scoot all the way down so he could get the best shot (thank you hunny). p.s. you may have to tilt your head sideways when watching.



Bee is practically glowing after she changed into her all white garb. David was her sponsor. They are so cute :)
When it is all said and done I am very proud of my little sister. Through the ceremony I was having flashbacks to Easter 2009 when Haleigh announced to our family that she wanted to get baptized the following year. I never thought we would get there, but we did.

I love you baby sister!

I hope you have faith in something.

1 comment:

bee! said...

LOVE THIS BLOG!!! please please please upload this video to facebook!