Friday, April 16, 2010

bittersweet brunch

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

This past Sunday the Psi Epsilon Chapter of Chi Omega held a brunch which we refer to as Eleusinian to celebrate our founders day. This year Chi Omega turned 115! I thought I was old.

Everyone loves this event because we get to dress up really fancy, listen to amazing speakers, recognize our seniors (actually, not as cool when you are the senior), and take pictures outside in front of the gorgeous landscape. Every year people ask us when we went to Hawaii.


Psi Epsilon's Senior Class of 2010


Executive Board 2009


I'm not sure who we asked, but they took a terrible roommate pic.
There are bodies in the background!


Big-Sis Lil-Sis Pic


The Williams Sisters
That's right, she's a legacy.


Didn't I tell you it looked like Hawaii!?


Besties :)


My heinous attempt at a supermodel pose.
Good thing I'm going to school to be a therapist!

Breakfast was delicious and the speaker was good. She didn't tell us a fluffy story of a "happily-ever-after" life, she told us the truth. She talked about how hard life really is once you get out of college. She acknowledged all the bad things that will happen to us, but she pointed out that the only way she got through all of it was with the support of her Chi Omega sisters.

Afterward, Lindsay our alumni advisor recognized every senior by announcing our accomplishments and our future plans. We were all given a classy business card holder with words from our symphony engraved on it:

"to be womanly always, and discouraged never"

Lastly, Frances recognized three seniors who went above and beyond as a member during her time as an active Chi Omega. I was one of them! I was gifted a red towel with the words Chi Omega embroidered on it. They also gave out the Symphony Award. This recognizes a woman that embodied our Symphony during her entire active membership. My suite mate and best friend Sara ended up receiving it. Yay Sara!!!

I haven't been thinking about being a senior lately, I've just been trying to get through my last semester. This past Sunday reminded me of what I will be leaving behind.

I hope you can reflect with happiness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally understand being solemn about leaving your senior year behind, but I can 100% tell you that you, aimee williams, are going to love being an alum. You are an old soul...not that we're old :) but anyway, you really are. I'm proud of all you've accomplished with Chi Omega but what I'm really looking forward to is seeing what you can do with your experiences. It's going to be amazing.