Tuesday, April 13, 2010

my 6th birthday party

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

I was just scheduling when my next blog post will go out (it's seriously an amazing feature- those blogger guys are on top of it!) when I realized today's date.

It's official people.

I will be celebrating the first anniversary of my 21st Birthday in exactly one month. That's right, I'm turning 22 (gasp!). While I will be wallowing in exactly how old I am getting (my first wrinkles are on the horizon) I will also be planning the birthday dinner I am throwing for myself.

I decided I would like to remember this birthday, so I am making my closest friends and their dates some sort of pasta-with-a-sauce dish with hors d'oeuvres and wine. Clayton has graciously offered up his home as the venue (right after I asked him if that was okay...). So far the plan is to throw some Christmas lights in the trees, drag a few tables outback, and play Frank Sinatra in the background.

I guess you could say I'm throwing my first dinner party. I hope it turns out like Julie's in Julie & Julia.


Have any other ideas?

I hope this will be the best birthday yet.

No comments: