Tuesday, March 23, 2010

california adventures

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a spring break adventure...

The second day of our trip consisted of waking up early to enjoy the free continental breakfast offered by the hotel (this wasn't just bagels and coffee- there was juice, waffles, eggs, and sausage in addition to the normal free breakfast stuff) and then scurrying to the first theme park visit of our trip: California Adventures. I made Clayton take a picture of me with my ticket before we got into the park.
If you look close you can see Minnie kissing Mickey on my ticket. :)I insisted carrying around a backpack filled with water, snacks, and things
like my nifty camera all day long.The main entrance gift shop had this John Muir quote.
I think that is pretty awesome.Upon exiting the park we took pictures next to our respective letters.
I think it's more than coincidence that the 'C' is next to the 'A'.

The highlights of the park were the California Screamin' roller coaster, the Hollywood Tower of Terror, the Maliboomer, and Soarin' Over California. Collectively we spent four or five hours in the park before becoming sunburned and nauseous from all the thrill rides. After shuttling back to the Meridian Inn we showered and headed to a local restaurant for sushi and Saki bombers.

Overall Feelings of Day 2:
First Day at the Park: awesome
Minnie and Mickey on my ticket: fate
California Screamin': breath taking
Sushi: delicious
Trying to explain to the waiter what a Saki bomb is: ironic

I hope your waiter knows the menu.

1 comment:

Olive Annie said...

i read you and i MISS you...and i LOVE you...you make this girl smile...glad you're having fun my sweet x0x0