Monday, March 8, 2010

yummy burger shop du wop

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

Going to school in downtown Phoenix for most of my life has its perks. For instance you find really AMAZING burger places. My sisters and I have developed a little tradition. Every once and a while Haleigh and I will pick up the younger girls from where we once walked the halls and take them to Lenny's Burger Shop. This epic burger joint is a rare treat for us, but is well worth the wait. The family owned and operated 50's themed diner caters to middle and high school students looking for a treat on weekday afternoons. The fries are always crispy, the ranch is always cold, and the shakes are to die for.
We usually go for an after school snack so we order one (sometimes two depending on how hungry we are) basket of fries, a shake each, and of course tons of ranch! Bee and I love to get chocolate-peanut butter shakes while Emily and Abbey choose from assorted flavors each time. The most recent was a chocolate-strawberry ordered by Emmy. Delicious!I especially recommend trying a burger once you get there, they are unmatched and simply mouth watering! Since Haleigh and I gave up red meat for lent its been hard to resist temptation, but the shakes distract me enough to remember what I'm missing out on. Besides the yummy snack, I get to spend the afternoon with my sisters. :)

they are wonderful

I hope you try Lenny's and make your own family tradition.

No comments: