Monday, May 24, 2010

an oldie but a goodie

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

My love for deli sandwiches and salads exponentially increases in the summer time due to the Phoenix heat. The other day after running errands I made my sister accompany me to one of the best kept secrets in Phoenix. It is in this sandwich shop I cried to my Dad about boys teasing me in high school, had a serious talk with my Momma about my Dad remarrying, had a great 32nd date with Clayton, and fell in love with the Thursday special.

On the corner of 13th Avenue and Jefferson sits a white and red converted house. This is the Old Station. Their inexpensive yet hardy deli sandwiches entice customers while their broccoli cheddar soup keeps them coming back. The shabby little building decorated with old license plates and metal signs is cozy, but can be a little cramped during the lunch rush. The outdoor patio seating is made up of plastic chairs and tables, perfect seating for lovely weather. These amazing sandwiches can be purchased from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

This is the roast beef with provolone, everything on it and a side of macaroni salad.

Personally, I like my mac salad with more mayonnaise and no carrots.
But if you like that sort of thing then you will love their macaroni salad.

I also got a 32 oz fountain Coke.
Refreshing.

The gorgeous Bee enjoying her turkey and provolone.

She's too cool for a side.

Yep, that's tap water in her 32 oz Styrofoam cup.

And she happens to be wearing on of my favorite t-shirts of all time.
ASU Go Greek Fall 2007.
Love.

I hope you try the Old Station soon.

1 comment:

bee said...

fyi that's a 2008 go greek shirt :)