Thursday, May 27, 2010

my five

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

A few weeks ago I agreed to participate in something my boyfriend and his lovely roommates conjured up. They decided that we all should make a list of 5 things we want to accomplish this summer. They could be outlandish or realistic, but the other three pledged to help in every way to make it come true.

Here are my five:
1. Take Abnormal Psych (so I can graduate college)
2. Volunteer at Hospice
3. Swim a mile a day
4. Take a creative writing class
5.

Well at least I have four. One of Clayton's roommates Jon wanted to hike a trail in Sedona. So last weekend I decided we would cross one of his five off the list and we picked that one. Tuesday we woke up ridiculously early (6 am folks) and made the hour and a half drive to Sedona. We hiked for about two and a half miles and took some amazing pictures.

Clayton and Jon at the beginning of our hike.

We must have crossed that little creek 8 or 9 times throughout the hike. It was fun to try and balance on the stones and trees that served as bridges.

Every time I turned around there was a view to take my breath away.
The sky was so clear and blue.

The scariest part was trying to balance on a small tree while I made my way out to the middle to take a picture.

I didn't fall in :)


During the adventure we ran into a few insects inhabiting the trail.
This is a stink bug, but I wouldn't know because Clayton took the picture.
I didn't want to be anywhere near it.

This is a picture of a bunch of caterpillars cocooning to become butterflies and moths.
I also think this is gross.


Clayton and Jon intent on their granola bars.
And then the granola bars in their mouths.


Jon, our knowledgeable tour guide.

One of the last views on our hike.

I hope you get to cross off your five this summer.

No comments: