Wednesday, May 26, 2010

growing up too fast

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

I just realized that when I created my photo diary the other day I forgot all about my sister Emily's prom! Since Emily attends a smaller high school, freshman and sophomores are also allowed to attend prom. Since Em started high school this year she was allowed to go to the dance. Of course Bee and I jumped at the opportunity to help our baby sister get ready.

The pre-show. Em is munchin' a delicious turkey sandwich and I am curling her hair.

My Momma's boyfriend bought Emily a corsage since she didn't have a date.

Let me clarify. Emily wasn't allowed to have a date since she's only 13.

Posing by the tree outside Momma's house.

She made me do it, so I made Emily do it.

Emily was in a knee brace because a few weeks before she popped her knee out of socket (gross) so she had to wear it, especially since she was going to be boogey-ing the night away.

Haleigh looking fly.
(And probably secretly wishing she was posing for prom.)

I helped her do her make up too.

It is amazing to me that I remember the day she was born, when she hid every set of car keys in the house and we had to follow her around and watch her play for 20 minutes before we found them, her first day of Kindergarten, helping her get ready for elementary school and now here she is in high school. Whew, now I know how Mom and Dad feel.

I hope I look like her when I grow up.

Beautiful Baby Sisters.

Emmy and I.

This picture reminds me that she still has my black clutch!

I hope you live in every moment.

1 comment:

Ms. G said...

I can't believe this girl who did Discovery Guards at Pecos is now in high school going to PROM. All you girls are so beautiful :)

Love, Lane