Monday, September 28, 2009

professional interview

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

For my PRM 364 class we were asked to interview a professional in the field, someone who has already received their CTRS. I chose Suzanne Prosser, a recreational therapist that works at the Arizona State Hospital in the civil unit. She specializes in mental health, specifically in adults. One of the things I found particularly interesting was Suzanne's ability to program as she saw fit. Her organization gives her the resources to create many different programs for all types of people. Her greatest joy was working with an individual that other staff members had already been working with, but to no avail. Suzanne finally reached the client through one of her programs and was able to receive a response from her client. "That's what makes it worth it", she told me.

Speaking with Suzanne really showed me the endless possibilities TR truly has to offer. Being creative and really knowing the clients helps her to make a difference in their recreational experience. She emphasized that much of her knowledge she has, was gained in the same program I am in now. I hope to utilize the knowledge as much as Suzanne and make a difference in the lives of others.

No comments: