Sunday, January 16, 2011

the end of the duffle bag era

just beyond the horizon awaits the biggest adventure of all...

I have done the thing I always swore I would never do. I am moving in with my boyfriend. I always told myself I would live alone before moving in with any guy, most likely I would wait until we were married or at the very least engaged before I committed to sharing a bathroom with another human being potentially for the rest of my life.

Looking back now I cannot remember how it all got started, but here I am squeezed into one bedroom with the boy I have fallen head over heels weak in the knees to the moon and back in love with while our apartment is being made ready for us. And by that I mean we are currently apartment searching. My independent self image has been reduced to storing all of her belongings into boxes unless it was absolutely necessary to have unpacked. These necessities include almost every piece of clothing I own, my owl blanket, and my bag of crafts.

If you google the question "should I move in with my boy/girlfriend?" a gamut of results come up with some extreme opinions from burned lovers and the strictly moral. (I know because I actually did it.) The other results all say the same thing: do what is right for you and your potential roommate. I suppose I never felt I would be ready to move in with anyone without a major commitment is because I have never been in such a secure relationship. I'm ecstatic that I've found someone that can agree with me on candle scents and towel colors.

Until the big date (we have until February 1st to get it together) we are sharing a bedroom. Here's a few pics of the beginning of the end :)

My television and DVD player are not hooked up so I haven't' seen Sleepless in Seattle in over a week.
I don't know if I'm going to make it.
And yes, that beautiful Homer poster gets to live in my new home.
I just don't know where yet...

Always creative, Clayton wedged a shower curtain bar in his existing closet to capitalize on the most space possible. Originally we had two shower bars, however the one on the right fell on me last week when I was attempting to retrieve my white cardigan.

Due to my excellent packing strategies almost everything fits under our bed. Unfortunately I forgot to label the boxes as I packed them so it will be like Christmas when we get into our new place.


Yet another under-the-bed shot.
I can't wait to build a home with one of the most amazing people I have ever met.
i hope you love your roomie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WHAT?!? Why didn't we talk about this at lunch last week? so disappointed :)
Congrats. Jeff and I lived together for a couple years before we got married...we even bought a house together before we got married.
I'm not saying it's what everyone should do but it worked for us. Congrats Aimee.