Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fallin Out Into Nothing

It is amazing to me that despite my midterm exam a mere nine hours away I am still awake after reviewing my study guide listening to music via youtube since I can't quite figure out itunes. (yes, it is a miracle I can even post this blog) I am finding that I have quite the thing for John Mayer. Currently his cover of "Free Fallin" plays through my ipod headphones, since my roommate is long asleep. For the first time I can identify with this song. I feel as if I'm falling away from the world. Only time will tell if I'm letting go of my past and moving into my fated future, or just spiraling rapidly out of control.

I'm a bad boy cause I don't even miss her, I'm a bad boy for breaking her heart.

And I'm free, free fallin, fallin...

He is at home with a broken heart and I am free. Only time will tell if this is for the best or absolute worst. God help us both. It seems that my newfound freedom has shot me into a disorganized, time altered state. The lines between school, sorority, family, and my other extra curriculars are hazing together creating a never ending to-do list with boundless committments. Could it be that I am not cut out for the life of a multi-tasker? I must not let my broken heart whisper to my confused mind. Instead I will wonder out into the open, out into nothing.

Won't somebody catch me?

No comments: