Tuesday, May 29, 2012

happy birthday baby sister

To my long haired, freckled faced, silly little sister with an amazing sense of humor and killer fashion sense,

You were born 16 years ago today at 12:34 in the afternoon. You were scheduled, not as in Mom and Dad had planned you necessarily but as in the doctor told Mama to show up at 6:00am on the 29th to be induced. Haleigh and I were on a field trip that day and playing in a pool when my teacher announced that our baby sister had arrived safe and sound. Our sunburned arms ached to hold you. After Dad had collected us from our day of fun, we posted pictures specially laminated in our "Big Sisters in Training" class to the inside of your incubator so you could recognize us when you got home. I'll never forget how excited we were planning for you, picking out names we loved and choosing the outfit you wore home.



I can't believe the last sixteen years have gone by so fast, I am so proud of the beautiful young woman you are becoming and the responsibilities you have taken on. You are goofy and brave, fun loving and thoughtful. I am honored to call you my sister and am thrilled to watch you blossom into adulthood. Continue to follow your dreams and defy the norm.

 I love you Emily!!!





i hope your 16th is the sweetest yet!

No comments: