Tuesday, May 3, 2011

a royal affair

adventures at 3 am....

Hey Party People!

One of the most prominent memories from my childhood is my Mother's adoration for Diana Princess of Wales. She would always tell my sisters and I how she stayed up late the night she married Prince Charles to watch the wedding. When I was nine, she stayed up with my Aunt Lani to watch her funeral. For whatever reason I always wished I could have stayed up late with my Momma to watch Lady Di in her puffy wedding dress marry the man of her dreams.

Obviously we would be having a shin-dig for Prince William's union to miss Kate Middleton. We went all out. Momma bought champagne, my Aunt Lani brought the wedding cake, and I provided tiara's for everyone in attendance. We Tivoed it for good measure, but still were assembled in my Momma's living room at 3 am to watch history in the making.




It was refreshing to see the bride utter the word "wow" after stepping out onto the balcony at Buckingham Palace. It's like she almost forgot she just became an icon for an entire country.

For the record, I loved her dress. Classic.



I love corny photos, even at 4:30 in the morning.



This one is better because of my face.



Abbey did not want to wear a crown...



My sweet boy came to help eat cake and make sure I didn't fall asleep while driving to Mom's.



Surprise raspberry filling.
Yum.



Apparently she thought she was the only one without makeup on.





I love that my family gets up in the middle of the night (despite recording technology) to watch history in the making so we can tell our kids we did it.

i hope you still get excited for true love.

No comments: