Friday, November 19, 2010

the great gatsby

a great adventure....

Just arrived home from Friday night date night with my best friend, Sara. We spent the evening in the courtyard area of the Biltmore in awe of the lives on the screen before us. On Friday evenings the Biltmore Fashion Park has hosted movies in their center court allowing families, couples, and friends to picnic on the lawn and enjoy a classic American film. This week in the park The Great Gatsby captured the audience and onlookers alike.

Previously, I had never seen the movie so I was delighted to see the beaded gowns, sequined headbands, and the romanticized way of life. As a matter of fact, I may just make my own Great Gatsby inspired headband and wear it the unneccarily lavish accesory to the market.

While I must report the experience was a bit chilly (I literally tried on my winter coat before leaving the house, but decided I looked silly at the last minute and went with a thinner sweater- something I started to regret around 8:45) it made the experience that much more. I was transported into winter with the store fronts decorated in red and green, trees adorned with white twinkle lights, and the crowd of movie goers bundled in scarves and blankets.

It made for an absolutely gorgeous Friday night.

i hope to see you at my table.

No comments: