Thursday, October 28, 2010

all grown up

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

Despite being 22 and a half I still feel like I'm fifteen most days, and let's be honest I'm often confused for a high school student. Even though I drive, am in college, and having the most amazing internship experience I call my parents all the time and ask their advice on life issues, similar to asking for permission to stay out late. Despite my youthful mindset, every once in a while something will happen that reminds me I am a full fledged adult with big girl responsibilities and real world consequences.

For instance, after work I checked a voicemail asking me to call my Dad back when I had the chance. After hanging up from our two minute conversation I had gathered that my Dad had been experiencing chest pain and was in the hospital overnight for monitoring, but that I should not be alarmed only informed.

While I'm glad this little event can be chalked up to anxiety and stress I started thinking about the scenario had my Dad actually had a heart attack. It was a quick whip across the face for thinking I could be young forever. No more are the days of Mom and Dad taking me to the doctor, but checking in with them to make sure they are managing their blood pressure and cholesterol.

For now I am praying for health and new lives, instead saying goodbye to the ones already here.

hoping for happy things.

No comments: