Friday, August 28, 2009

lovely. luring. lane

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

I know I talk about my family especially the ones that I am biologically related to, but it occurred to me that I have yet to talk about my Chi Omega family. No, these are not the girls I shared a womb with, but that minute detail does not make them less important. Without further ado I would like to introduce my four faithful followers, Arizona State, and everyone else to my little sister, Lane.


Isn't she pretty? This was taken at a Chi Omega workshop (check out our sweet tees!) very early in the morning.

If I were to tell you all about Lane you would just get tired of reading and just want to meet her already, so I'm going to highlight just the tip of the iceberg of this phenomenal young woman I am proud to call my fellow Sundevil, friend, and sister.

The love affair between Lane and I began in the summer of 2005 at Pecos Pool where we both worked as life guards. At first the ambitious, over zealous attitude she exuded struck me as both obnoxious and annoying. Little did I know that just four short years later we would share a bond stronger than any friendship. Over the course of the next four summers I came to appreciate Lane's initiative she took on not only at work, but in her life. In attendance of a friend's graduation I realized that it was Lane's ceremony as well. That night she was named Valedictorian of her class and won her high school award Lady Knight of the Year, one of the highest honors that can be achieved by St. Mary students. Since then, Lane has continually lived up to greatness.

Last spring semester I convinced Lane to join the Greek community and she became one of the best additions to Chi Omega. I was thrilled to find that she upheld the same standards, morals, and ethics of the Fraternity and that she wanted me to be her big sis(!!!!). In just one semester she has espoused Chi Omega teachings and exemplified the ideal member. Classy always, intelligent, loyal, trustworthy, respectable, and beautiful are at the core of my unbelievable little sis. What makes her so unique, is that her qualities aren't limited to a standard list of adjectives that everyone considers themselves to be. Lane is spunky and she makes me laugh. She's not the best dancer, but she get out there and have a good time anyway. She has an old soul, but is young at heart. She is continually on the Dean's List, but always has time for a friend. Without her my Chi Omega experience would not be complete.

I hope everyone has the chance in their lives to meet someone as captivating as my little sis. It is people like her that make life worth living. I love you little!

1 comment:

Ms. G said...

Aimee! That made me cry :(! Love you, big!!