Thursday, April 9, 2009

fruition of a dream

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...


Today was the day the PRSA, Professor Rodriguez's 301 group, himself, and I were invited to tour the new civic space. Thankfully almost all of our propositions for opening day (see last blog) were approved and I was able to take some shots of the almost-finished park. Despite the grass areas being roped off, I could feel my tension slipping away as I was engulfed in the wavy green lawns. It's one thing to be able to envision what something like this would feel or look like, but it is a completely different thing to stand in the middle of it on a perfectly sunshiney day in April and take it all in. The potential of the park hung in the air as our group was ushered from one rolling hill to another passing the water wall, solar panel shade structures, and splash pad. Gina, a fellow female PRSA member, was exploding with visions of future events. As she spoke of slip and slide contests, visits from various Arizona sports team mascots, and a battle of the bands event I could feel my eyes glazing over. I was standing admist a parks and recreation major's dream; a living laboratory.











1 comment:

Edward Jensen said...

I am so jealous of you that you got to tour the new Civic Space park. Watching the final stages of construction from UCENT 6th floor makes me wish that the park was open now.

I can't wait - one week to go!