Tuesday, April 7, 2009

free lunch and fun times

Hello my name is Aimee and this is a real life adventure...

(I've finally recovered from my last one.)

I am currently the Secretary of the Parks and Recreation Student Association. I am getting extremely excited for an event we are co-sponsoring with a group of students from Professor Rodriguez's PRM 301 class. The event is titled "Community Celebration" and that it will be. On April 16th the Civic Space across the street from the UCENT building will have its grand opening day celebration. To help this joyous occasion (us parks people really, really love parks) we are serving FREE lunch to ASU students and the local community. That's right, free food and good times for all. I am so excited to get to use the new park, and even more excited to see my peers shining faces out and about in our new space. What's even cooler is that you can watch the last bits of construction before opening day without having to go outside (but you should go outside anyway).

Use this sweet link to view the webcam of the Civic Space:
http://copp.asu.edu/do/college-news/fp2

Or you can take a sustainable tour of the Civic Space:
http://www.asu.edu/tour/downtown/civic.html

Your best bet will be to check it out for yourself on Thursday April 16th from 11:00am to 1:00pm. I can't wait to see you all there!

No comments: